"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Philippians 4:13

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Update on Jeff

We had such a great time on vacation with the family.  Living on the water was truly blissful.  Jeff did really well on the vacation.  He got a lot of good rest and he ate really well.  The first day of the trip we met at a rest area on the highway.  We said a prayer for safe travels and went on our way to get some breakfast.  When we stopped at Big Boy, Jeff started telling us about a new symptom he was having.  He was having double vision.  He could just about see 2 of everything unless he was really close to what he was looking at.  When he covered his right eye it got better.  From there we decided to get him some eye patches so he could better enjoy himself.
I would love to tell you more about our wonderful vacation but right now I need to update you on Jeff's condition.  Mom called his doctor yesterday afternoon on the way home from Kentucky to inform him about his new symptoms and the fact that Jeff had a seizure on Friday morning while we were getting the houseboat back to port.  Due to his condition, Dr. Momosser at UofM wanted Jeff to have an MRI as soon as possible.  We had a scheduled appointment on Monday, August 19 but he did not want to wait until then.  UofM and Muskegon were both booked with appointments so they were told to bring Jeff to the ER in Ann Arbor to get him in. 

Mom and Dad then headed that way from Indiana and checked in the ER at about 10pm or so.  He did not get his MRI taken until about 2am and they had the results read to them by a neurologist close to 5am.  They were informed that the MRI showed another mass growing in the spot of the original first tumor.  The tumor board needs to meet to see if they can do surgery or radiation or what their best plan of action will be.  That is all we know for now.

Jeff was able to be discharged from the hospital and they are on their way home now.  We will not know more until after the tumor board meets.  We are asking for your continued prayers for Jeff's doctors to come up with the best plan of action for Jeff.  We are believing in a miracle!  Our God is great and we ask you to believe with us!  Thank you for your continued prayers and support!  I will keep you updated as I get information!

No comments:

Follow by Email