"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


"Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."
Jeremiah 17:14
     A lot has changed since our last post.  Most of which has been hard to take.  I will start from the last post...The cancer board in Ann Arbor, MI met on Jeff's behalf to discuss the best possible treatment for him.  That alone is a very big deal, we are blessed to have some of the best hands working on Jeff's case.  We were then informed of his treatment plan.  Beginning August 20th he was to have chemotherapy every day, 9-5, for a week straight.  Then he would have 3 weeks off, a week straight again and another 3 weeks off.  Upon completion he was to return to Ann Arbor for a check-up scan and if the tumor had improved he was going to undergo a bone marrow transplant.
     His little sister Tonya was married on the 18th of August, it was truly a beautiful wedding and a wonderful experience for us all.  Jeff did great and even gave Tonya a very nice and touching speech at the reception.  That following Monday he was due to start his treatment.  When Jeff and his mother arrived that morning to start the chemo they were informed no appointment was in the books.  Confused and wary his parents contacted Jeff's doctors to find out what was going on. 
Does'nt he look handsome?! ;) With Aunt Kelli at the wedding
     Apparently the weekend of the wedding the tumor board had again met about Jeff.  The conclusion they had come to was very shocking to say the least.  They had informed us that Jeff had been misdiagnosed back in California last March.  After Jeff's surgery to remove most of the first tumor the neurosurgeon informed us she believed the tumor to be a Glioblastoma, the worst kind, incurable and highly aggressive.  Three days later we received the pathology report that indicated the tumor was a PNET, which he has been treated for up until now.  The UofM doctors believe that the tumor Jeff has is, in fact, a Glioblastoma.
    They support their reasoning by the fact that this tumor had returned so fast.  A PNET is known to reoccur but not near as fast as this one has.  Also because of the aggressiveness of this tumor they came to this conclusion.  His treatment has now changed to accommodate the new findings.  He is taking chemo pills every day for a week then has three weeks off while every other Wednesday he goes in for a half hour treatment through his port.  This treatment is meant to stun and control the growth of the tumor.  Every 8 weeks he is to return to UofM for follow up scans.
     Jeff is in need of your prayers and support more than ever!  He is such a strong and faithful young man but the support and love encourage his strength that much more.  We are believing for a supernatural miracle at this point!  We know what our God is capable of! 
"We live by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Follow by Email